girl: i didn't think you'd remember me
guy: for sure i did
girl: cool...
(awkward silence break)
guy: so what are you up to this weekend?
girl: i think i might go to the pub. but maybe not. maybe just pre-drink at my friend's house.
guy: cool. do you have an i.d.?
girl: oh yeah totally
(rummages in bag, pulls out card and hands it to him)
girl: it's not me, but i think it should work.
guy: oh yeah. it will totally work.
At this exact moment, they both stopped and turned to face me. I guess my eyes were burning holes into the sides of their heads. I casually coughed and looked at the time and then continued reading my newspaper.
This had never occurred to me, before that exact moment, that more than half the people in the bars or pubs or wherever, are underage! Now everything starts to make more sense. Now I realize why I hate every local watering hole in this town.
Also, just a few moments ago, I received an email from some silly Off Campus Housing email list I accidentally signed up for at the beginning of the year. A Sexy Girl's Halloween party. At the school. "No boys allowed".
What are we? 17? Oh wait, most of you are...


have you heard anyone prattling on about how entitled they are to x because of y yet?
ReplyDeleteundergrad students (for the most part) are really annoying.
i've actually discovered that blocking out their bullshit i am much happier!
ReplyDelete