Saturday, November 14, 2009

good morning saturday

So I think I've found my new favorite weekend activity.
This morning, I was strolling about town, trying to find the farmer's market, when I decided to stop for coffee at the campus coffee shop. As I'm walking along, I realize that I'd never been here on a weekend before, let alone early in the morning. The air was really crisp and fresh, the sun was shining and the whole place was so quiet. So still. The only other person I saw was a younger guy, sitting on a curb in front of a residence building. I think he may have been either really drunk or coming down off something.
Then I noticed the best part of the adventure. Among the beautiful quietness and serenity of the morning, I was all of a sudden faced with ripped beer cases, empty chip bags, garbage bins and litter scattered across the landscaped gardens, a whole role of toilet paper decorating a pine tree, and finally, a window screen strategically placed on a shrubbery.
I don't know why this whole image amused me, but I actually chuckled. I really should walk around the res buildings early on Saturday mornings more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment