Friday, November 20, 2009

Really?

1) I have something to say about the women who work at the campus coffeeshop... Picture this: it's 5 to 9, you're class stars in a few minutes, there is a line up that goes to the door, and there is one woman behind the counter, taking her sweet time waiting for a bagel to be toasted, while another woman is sitting down at a table, chatting with her friend, clearly on her break.
Okay. Maybe you don't understand the concept of fast and efficient food service, but taking a break at the busiest time of the day? Really?
And there are times when there are three women behind the counter and they're all just as equally slow! They are really oblivious to the fact that there is a line full of students that have to BE somewhere in less than 10 minutes. It should take no one 3 minutes to pour a cup of coffee. No one.

2) I wore trackpants to school yesterday for the first time since... probably grade 6. It was weird. I felt... shameful. I probably won't do that again.

3) Yesterday during one of my lectures, I was so distracted by the girl sitting in front of me. She was on her laptop, chatting away on facebook, constantly looking at her profile picture. Then she turned her head and I noticed she was wearing the most obviously fake eyelashes. You know, the kind they sell at a drugstore before Halloween? I just wondered, why?

4) This morning, on my way to school, I was walking along minding my own business, when all of a sudden out of nowhere comes this pain on my leg. I look down and see this hideous ugly ball of fur jumping around me and barking a shrill bark. This thing just BIT me!!??!! I was standing there shaking, my fists started to clench, the muscles in my thigh started to tighten as I was extremely close to kicking the dog right in it's face. I just about the step on it's head when two things stopped me: 1) a voice in the back of my mind said, "don't step on the dog - this thing doesn't know any better and you can't deal with a bloody mess this early in the morning" and 2) the owner came out. Lucky. Lucky for that ugly small Chihuahua slash some other small furry rat-like dog. The owner asked me if he'd bitten me and I said, Yeah. Why else would I be holding my leg, looking at her dog with such furry in my eyes.
Then she scolded "Hector" by saying "Don't!" and I just walked away thinking how I would get my revenge.
I get to school, my class is cancelled, so I hobble back home.

Love is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment