Tuesday, September 22, 2009

twice in one day?

This is what happened to me today.  Twice.

1.)  A girl I'd never seen before asked me if she'd missed anything important in Political Science.  I hesitated because I didn't quite understand her at first and then I realized she must have meant did she miss anything important in Political Science today.  I said no.  Because she hadn't.

2.)  A girl asked me if I was in Spanish 101 and I said yes.  Then she said she thought I looked familiar.  I've never seen her in my life.  And she lives in the basement apartment in my house.  

I can only think that I should be more aware of my surroundings.  Why else wouldn't I recognize these people who recognize me?

Also, as I was discussing with a fellow student, how I lived off campus because I was too old to live in residence, he said, "Don't worry.  I just turned 19 and my friend is 20."  There was a pause and I said, "I'm 25."  He nearly toppled over, and then hiding his laughter said, "Wow.  Good for you.  Good for you, that's awesome."  It was the highlight of my day.

1 comment: